Find the original archive of the video here: Small Business Cyber-Resilience: The Basics of Cybersecurity for Small Business.
Download the handout with links to tools.
What do many energy companies, 300 universities, (UnderArmour-owned) MyFitness Pal’s 150 million users, and a half-million routers in the United States have in common? They were all hacked in 2018.
That doesn’t include attacks that were not reported purposefully and/or are still undiscovered.
Beware: your business data is always at risk. And, you need to take proper precautions of your business data, which many times includes your customer’s data.
In this Webinar, we will cover:
– What hackers are looking to achieve by hacking into your small business data;
– A variety of cyber-attacks that are prevalent today and which you need to be concerned about, and
– What tools are available today to help your small business protect against just such attacks.
This doesn’t take a lot of upfront effort, money or other resources, but it does require ongoing, consistent diligence.
These Webinars are hosted by the Virginia Small Business Development Center Network and presented by Ray Sidney-Smith, Author of “SoLoMo Success” (available on Amazon Kindle and paperback), Digital Marketing Strategist, and Managing Director of W3C Web Services, providing affordable Web hosting, Managed WordPress, email, domain and other related services for Small Business. With the transfer of your business’ domain, WordPress *and* email hosting services, get a complimentary 1-hour Web, Mobile & Social Media marketing strategy session. Visit our contact page to request full details and to get started!
For future, semi-monthly Webinars, please visit Virginia SBDC’s Webinars page to see upcoming topics and to register.
Latest posts by Ray Sidney-Smith (see all)
- Pi and Small Business Digital Marketing: More Than Meets the Eye - March 14, 2023
- Preparing for Marketing During a Recession, and More Small Business Digital Marketing News This Week- Web and Beyond Live – July 19, 2022 - July 20, 2022
- Happy National Independent Retailer Month, and Amazon Prime Day Begins Soon-July 11, 2022 - July 12, 2022