Find the original archive of the video here: 002 – How to Build a Website, Part 1 – Good Website Design and Development – Web and BeyondCast.
Web and BeyondCast, Episode 002 – How to Build a Website, Part 1 – Good Website Design and Development with K. Ryan Cleland of W Street Design (https://w.w3cinc.com/2oz04cT)
To start off Web and BeyondCast, we are beginning with a series. We’re going to touch on a topic that’s near and dear to my heart and business–how to build a website. In this episode we will be discussing principles of good Small Business website design and development.
(Please visit https://w.w3cinc.com/2PxLDRL for clickable links and the full show notes and transcript of this cast.)
In Part 1 of the “How to Build a Website” series, we tackled the following topics:
– How to approach designing your website
– How to choose a great domain name (website address or “URL”) for your business
– How to select and set up a Web hosting account/service for your website/blog
– How to create and prepare your content for the website/blog
– How to develop an Editorial Calendar for your website/blog
– How and what to test, and creating a Tweak-Maintenance Plan (TMP) for your website/blog
– How to plan out Analytics, Social Media & Mobile components and syndication
– How to set up analytics and security tools.
– Timeline to Launch a Small Business Website