Find the original archive of the video here: Social Media Updates, May 2021 Edition – May 18, 2021.
Each week, President of W3 Consulting and Managing Director of W3C Web Services (https://web.w3cinc.com/) Ray Sidney-Smith broadcasts live to update you on the latest small business digital marketing and business productivity technology updates you need to be effective.
In this week’s show:
- Pinterest Tests Coming Live-Streaming Functionality with New Creator Event | Social Media Today
- Pinterest Creators Connect
- Using Pinterest Ads Manager | Pinterest Business
- Flywheel of B2B Thought Leadership | LinkedIn Marketing Blog
- TikTok Tests In-App Shopping to Challenge Facebook – Bloomberg
- Instagram’s @Creators on Instagram: “Starting today, we’re giving people more ways to express themselves on Instagram: now, you can add your pronouns to your profile. ? You can…”
- Instagram Adds New Options to Switch Off Your Audio or Video During an IG Live Broadcast | Social Media Today
- Facebook Launches New Feature to Read Articles Before Sharing
- Tweeting with consideration
- Workplace Reaches 7 Million Paid Subscribers – About Facebook
- Connecting Local Communities on Facebook – About Facebook
- Facebook Launches Nextdoor-Like ‘Neighborhoods’ Tool in Canada, Plans for Broader Roll-Out | Social Media Today
- Facebook’s Oversight Board Upholds Decision to Ban Trump, But Calls for Clearer Guidance Moving Forward | Social Media Today
- Facebook introduces a new miniplayer that streams Spotify from the Facebook app | TechCrunch
- New Snap Originals Announced Plus New Creator Marketplace on the Way – Snap Newsroom
- Snap Consumer AR Research Global Report
- Jane Manchun Wong on Twitter: “Twitter is finishing up the new Verification Request form! ? I don’t work for Twitter, just wait for when Twitter releases this one soon™ ?
- Twitter Looks to Get in on the eCommerce Boom with New Shopping Experiments | Social Media Today
- Twitter Acquires News Content Subscription Platform Scroll to Advance its Creator Revenue Tools | Social Media Today
- Introducing Tip Jar
- Spaces is here, let’s chat
- YouTube’s first-ever Beauty Festival is coming on May 14
- YouTube Culture & Trends – And We’re Rolling…
- YouTube tests hiding dislike counts on videos | TechCrunch
- YouTube Announces Expansion of Shorts to All US Users, New Shorts Tab to Improve Discovery | Social Media Today
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2021 | Sprout Social
- Reface now lets users face-swap into pics and GIFs they upload | TechCrunch
- Mighty Networks raises $50M to build a creator economy for the masses | TechCrunch
- Gucci brings digital items and experiences to Roblox in new partnership | TechCrunch
To see the prior weeks’ videos, visit Web and Beyond Live.
For future Web and Beyond Live streams, https://webandbeyondlive.com to find the latest, upcoming event by clicking on the “Watch Live on YouTube” button!
Follow us on your favorite social network:
- Follow W3 Consulting on LinkedIn
- Follow W3 Consulting on Twitter
- Like W3 Consulting on Facebook
- Follow W3 Consulting on Instagram